PTF97.S2.Q22 - Answer Explanations

cco18cco18 Core Member
edited July 16 in Reading Comprehension 4 karma

A is incorrect because those authors could be Black regardless of whether they're originally from the U.S. or Latin America. Jackson uses personal identification with Blackness and personal experience with Blackness for his critical judgement of African Hispanic literature. If novels Jackson presents as reflections of the Black Latin American experience were written by Black Americans living in Latin America, this wouldn't undermine his use of ethnicity at all.

B is incorrect because the fact that some African Hispanic poets happened to plagiarize their work doesn't contradict Jackson's assertion that African Hispanic literature needs to be written by Black people in order to be authentic.

C is incorrect because it doesn't undermine Jackson's use of ethnicity for evaluating African Hispanic literature. If anything, the fact that African Hispanic authors were imitating other Black authors would perfectly coincide with his use of ethnicity.

D is incorrect because this information is irrelevant. We don't even know whether these writers are Black. Even if they were, Jackson already accounted for the fact that the majority of African Hispanic writers espouse integration.

E is correct because this revelation would directly contradict Jackson's assertion that African Hispanic literature needs to be written by Black people in order to be authentic.

I got this wrong, which made me lock in to figure why E is correct while the others aren't, but I'm just a student like the rest of you, so please let me know if any of my explanations are inaccurate or inadequate. Good luck with your studies!