Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Questions Repeat?

stiv.mucollaristiv.mucollari Live Member
in General 81 karma

Hi Folks,

I completed Practice Test 104, and I noticed that PT 104, Section 1, Logical Reasoning is identical to LSAT PrepTest 27 Section 1. Is this common, or is it new because of the format change?

How can I best avoid repeat sections? When I was viewing LSAT PrepTest 104 before starting, it stated that I had done only one question. This is probably because PrepTest 27 was done with the obsolete format.

Appreciate any advice!

Best,
Stiv

Comments

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    323 karma

PTs 101-158 unfortunately aren't made up of completely new LR stimuli and RC passages. They're drawn from older PTs, just reorganized so you can get the experience of a 4 section test in one sitting w an experimental section.

Here's a 7sage-created spreadsheet that shows which older PTs (1-94) correspond to each newer PT:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sczox8uJgD6yFSIkgr9q8ode0hhNtoMItFeBb3WkbTE/edit?gid=0#gid=0

• stiv.mucollaristiv.mucollari Live Member
    81 karma

Thank you so much for the spreadsheet! I will use this to avoid having a repeat section.

• cruzzh030cruzzh030 Free Trial Member
    edited September 26 3 karma

It's not uncommon for older LSAT practice tests to include sections from previous exams, especially after format changes. To avoid repeats, keep track of completed sections and cross-reference questions before starting a new test. This should help prevent overlap in the future. I've been curious about the effects of standardized testing, so I decided to read up on it https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/standardized-testing for a school project. One of the points that caught my attention was how it impacts students’ stress levels and how some believe it's not a true measure of intelligence. The topic really got me thinking about whether testing methods like this should be changed. It’s something I’m considering writing more about for my next essay.