Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January-February 2024 Study Group

bzachwestbzachwest Core Member
edited July 26 in Study Groups 10 karma

I would like to discuss strategies that other people are currently using to study for the January or February LSAT administrations. How many hours a week are you working, are you using any other courses, what is your study plan, etc.

Comments

• beckerbrenttbeckerbrentt Live Member
    36 karma

Hey there, my plan is to write for the first time in January/February *2025 and will likely plan to write again in April/May.

I spent quite a bit of time asking and learning about the study process and would be happy to share what I am doing. Hope it is able to help in any sort of way :)

I am studying 20-30 hours a week and have been studying since the start of June. I am going through the CC, doing live courses, drilling, and participating in group drilling sessions in a discord group. I try and study 4-6 hours/day and try and take one day off per week, however, I usually still do an hour on 'days off', which likely is not wise as I hear a lot about burnout and should be mindful of that. I am considering possibly getting a tutor down the road but there is lots of work to do before then.

A typical day is usually 1-2 live class, 1-3 hours on CC, 30 min doing RC practice. I usually try and do two 2/3 hour group drilling sessions on discord per week aswell. Studying with others has been one of the most effective parts of my studying thus far.

I have been told that doing full PT's right now would be a waste of a valuable resource and I will likely be spending the next 2 months doing what I am doing. Once the CC is done and I am confident I have spent ample time drilling I will move on to doing full sections with BR's and then moving on to doing 1 PT/week with a full BR process that will incorporate an in depth wrong answer journal.

I would like to find a group of like minded people that have goal scores above 170 to do weekly BR calls but will look into that once I am closer to doing full PT's.

There is a live class with Bailey that offers more insights into study plans. It may be useful if you are looking to get other peoples insights.