Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bombed RC on final PT before August - 7Sage Forum

Bombed RC on final PT before August

student_1student_1 Alum Member
edited August 3 in Reading Comprehension 13 karma

I have been scoring very consistently (plus or minus1) around a score that I am very happy with for a month and a half now, but yesterday, on my last planned practice exam, I just completely bombed the RC section, resulting in a score a whole 7 points before my average. I knew it while I was in the test. It felt like my short term memory was just gone all of a sudden. LR sections were consistent with my past performance, but I don't really understand what was going on with RC. Has anyone else experienced this sudden lapse in short term memory? It felt very specific, because, as I said, LR felt solid. Any thoughts on how to prevent this on the real thing next week?

Comments

• wyatt.46wyatt.46 Core Member
    5 karma

Feel the same way. All of a sudden in the past week I feel like I've lost all my ability. It's okay, it happens to us all. Keep pushing and focus on the areas that you feel matter most to you. It will all click together.

• Maria FuentesMaria Fuentes Live Member
    5 karma

I can relate... it is very stressful, some days I do great and the next day I totally bomb it... just keep studying and do not keep thinking about your past score, you will do better next time, don't over think or doubt yourself you got this!

• 3333333333333333 Core Member
    edited August 3 59 karma

You were probably just tired or burnt out. Happens to me a lot during studying after work. Make sure you're well rested for the test. I'm taking August as well. It's scary to think that some serious brain fog could roll in and ruin your test, but at the same time I strongly believe that the stress/adrenaline of actually taking the test will prevent that.

And on top of that, with RC the passages can vary so much, so you might have just gotten something you didn't really understand very well. Fingers crossed that on the test all of the passages are pretty straightforward lol. Good luck!