Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Keyboard shortcuts not working

ango gimango gim Core Member
edited August 5 in Technical Problems 6 karma

Hi, I just started studying with 7sage.
I tried to use keyboard shortcuts (spacebar & k) to pause the video, but it doesn't work.
Searching Google got me nowhere. Plz help me, it is more uncomfortable than i thought to pause it using the mouse every time lol
FYI, I use Chrome, and I tried all 3 kinds of video players on settings but still not working. (also tried update to current version & restart)
I think it's just me tho ... seems like no one on the reddit & discussion experienced the same.
Is there anything else that i can try?
Thank you

Comments

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1592 karma

Hi @bburs2 I am so sorry that you are having issues. Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce this issue on my end. I could use the spacebar and "k" buttons to pause and play the video in the lesson. I am using a Macbook with a Chrome browser. Please see the sample GIF below:

Have you tried using a different browser to see if the keyboard shortcuts will work on a different browser? If you are still having issues, please let me know what device you are using (Windows or Mac) so I can further investigate this issue.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1592 karma

Hi @bburs2! I wanted to follow up and ask if you are still having issues using the keyboard shorts to pause and play the videos on the site.

Thank you!

• ango gimango gim Core Member
    6 karma

It's still not working, so I'm gonna try different browser! Would you recommend me one? Thx a lot for your help :)

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    759 karma

@bburs2 I would recommend using Firefox or Safari. Additionally, please ensure that both your browser and your device's operating system are up-to-date, as outdated versions might cause issues with the video or other functionalities.

Do let us know how it goes, and feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance!

• WALL-EEEEWALL-EEEE Live Member
    3 karma

I also had the same issue using Chrome, to fix it you will have to either disable all the chrome extensions and refresh page, or disable one by one to see which extension is the problem and refresh page after each.