Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is your video player not working/html5 error?

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited August 2014 in Technical Problems 12637 karma
I noticed a few of our users having the same issue with the video player, so I'm posting this quick fix in hopes that it helps all of you out!

If you're unable to see the videos or are getting constant html5 issues, the first thing you want to try is clearing your cache and cookies. This varies from browser to browser (and operating systems), so you'll have to look up how to do it on your browser.

If you're still having issues after that, go into your settings (http://7sage.com/account/) and make sure "Use Flash Player" is checked off, then click save.

This should fix your problem, but please note you won't have any of the fancy playback features anymore! (Meaning you won't be able to make J.Y. talk like a chipmunk anymore, which is pretty funny.)

Comments

• GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-22-section-4-question-19/
    This video is not working. I already tried all the things you suggested above. Halfway into the video though, JY's voice speeds up and I have no idea what he is saying
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Never mind, please delete above comment! Video just magically decided to start working again
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @Gracelover: Magic eh? Nice... :)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Let me know if the problem returns!
  • JohnDenverJohnDenver Alum Member
    34 karma
    None of my videos are working right now. They buffer but they do not play anything. Tried disabling flash. I tried two browsers. Firefox and Chrome.
  • JohnDenverJohnDenver Alum Member
    34 karma
    Nvm. Something broken on my end. Tried to play some local videos and they were not working either. Restarted my machine and is all fixed now.
    12637 karma
    Glad it's fixed! Let me know if it returns on 7Sage's end.
  • danielledanielle Free Trial Member
    43 karma
    Something is definitely up - I opened three or four tabs with different explanations, and they all buffered to random points then started playing. I had 4 JY's trying to explain things to me - it was terrifying!

I never got the "hmtl error" message, but clearing my cookies and cache seems to have fixed the problem.
    12637 karma
    Hi @danielle,
    That sounds like it might be an internet issue! Have you tried restarting your router?
  • cj0628lsatcj0628lsat Alum Member
    10 karma
    having major video issues tonight.. the videos are taking so long to buffer. will play for 5 seconds and continue to buffer. i have had no issues with videos up until tonight. i have tried the flash player thing, and videos play even slower.
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    @cj0628lsat did you trying clearing your cache already??? D:
    12637 karma
    @cj0628lsat Sorry, I'm not having that issue on my end! It sounds like it might be a connection issue. Have you tried restarting your internet and/or router? (If you use wireless internet, that is!)

Deleting your cookies may also fix this issue! If it's still not working after that, please let me know!
  • phpherzog2phpherzog2 Alum Member
    3 karma
    I'm having trouble seeing the explanation videos for the in and out game problem sets. I can hear JY and see the pointer/cursor but instead of the type, the screen is white. Tried restarting, cleared cache. Wondering if it has anything to do with Adobe flash player update? http://7sage.com/lesson/inout-game-problem-set-1-answers/
    Thanks, in advance, for your help.
  • phpherzog2phpherzog2 Alum Member
    3 karma
    nvmd...needed to wait longer. Thanks.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    i did everything above. under the name when i click on "flash" it does NOT allow me to save the changes. i cant see any of the video's i paid for. please fix!
    175 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" none of my video's are working. the LG one's are working but when i go into my paid access video's of LR they do not work. i NOW saved the setting to flash only and still it does not work. please fix i need access to these
    12637 karma
    @as5324 Going to need some more info from you.

1. What operating system are you using? (Windows, Mac, etc)
    2. What browser are you using?
    175 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" MAC. Chrome.
    175 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" i just changed to safari and it works with the flash checked off. never had an issue until today that's weird how this happened