Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 3.72/4.00 GPA - How is it? - 7Sage Forum

3.72/4.00 GPA - How is it?

m.maksimaitism.maksimaitis Live Member
edited August 7 in Law School Admissions 6 karma

Hello everyone. Understanding that the undergraduate GPA is an extremely important factor in your application, I have a hard time viewing the strength of mine. I went to a strong liberal arts college that’s known to be very anti-grade inflation. They also don’t give out A+ grades. CAS gives credit to A+ grades and it seems a 3.72/4.00 GPA is at a disadvantage compared to many people who have it out of 4.33 with CAS conversion.

I’ve been told conflicting answers and now I’m even more confused. I would like to hear input to see where I am so I can put my worries to rest.

Comments

• colestovecolestove Core Member
    8 karma

Honestly you are not going to get a consensus on this that will put your mind at ease. Some people are going to tell you not to worry and some people are going to tell you to panic. No one knows how you're going to do besides you and the admissions officers reviewing your applications. Your GPA is what it is. You can't go back and make it something else now, and with applications right around the corner worrying about whether or not it's high enough isn't going to be an efficient use of your time. The question I think you should reflect on going into your cycle is this: does your application reflect that you are more than your numbers? Show the depth of your character, the value of your lived experience, and your vision for your future and trust that no matter what happens you are going to be okay. Best of luck.

• m.maksimaitism.maksimaitis Live Member
    6 karma

I think this is the answer I needed. Thank you.

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    198 karma

Totally agree with everything colestove said, and to add onto that, the LSAT is very much something you can do something about right now, so instead of worrying about your grades which are very much set in stone, refocus towards the LSAT and get the best possible score you know you can.

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    322 karma

Regarding your stress about competing with people on a 4.33 scale: your LSAC GPA might not reflect this, but adcomms will look at your GPA and your school and be able to say "oh this school doesn't give A+s" - they aren't going to penalize you based on the school you went to. So I wouldn't look at it like you're being compared to someone with a 4.2, they're more looking at what you accomplished given what your school allowed you to do. And I think if your school has as strong an anti-grade inflation reputation as you say, adcomms will take that into account too. Besides, a 3.72 is nothing to be ashamed of! Don't let all those 4.0/180 HYS people keep you down.