Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Answer choices with sufficient/necessary confusion - 7Sage Forum

Answer choices with sufficient/necessary confusion

EssaysOctLSATEssaysOctLSAT Live Member

I always freeze when I read answer choices that say "takes a necessary condition to be a sufficient condition". I know in the abstract what they each are, but thinking through applying them as flaws is very difficult for me. Any tips?

Comments

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    edited August 10 322 karma

If you're talking about Flaw Questions specifically, I think in the vast majority of instances, that abstract AC language you're struggling with is ususally present in the ONLY conditional-related AC of the 5 options. If you read the Stim and can immediately tell "Ah, it's a Conditional Flaw", hunt for that abstract SC-NC switch answer. The questions that actually require you to parse the difference between two similar yet slightly different Conditional Flaw answer choices are extremely few and far between.

Also follow-up to that point: those questions that DO require you to parse are generally harder in difficulty and so usually appear towards the middle and end of the section. So if you see a Conditional Flaw and are worried about the abstract language on a Question #7, for example, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

So do try to get the abstract language down when you're reviewing your PTs, but at the end of the day I wouldn't stress too much over not being able to parse through the particular abstract language when you're in the heat of a test given Conditional Flaw Questions usually only have one Conditional-related Flaw answer choice.

• EssaysOctLSATEssaysOctLSAT Live Member
    10 karma

Thank you!