Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How to have your head in the game during practice? - 7Sage Forum

How to have your head in the game during practice?

darman45darman45 Live Member
in General 140 karma

I've noticed that when I see a science LR question, I immediately tune into the stimulus on a level that I'm not always doing. I know that science questions can be hard just for their wording, and so I force myself to truly understand every sentence in the stimulus. As a result, I've gotten those questions consistently right. But on other LR questions, I make dumb mistakes during practice that occasionally (not all the time, but often enough) have to do with me not really reading as closely as I should have. I know I need to snap out of this and maybe it's just as simple as reminding myself that all the questions matter (not just the science ones), but does anyone have any tips for this, or has been in the same position? I want to do better and I'm taking my practice seriously, but I guess it's been hard for me to maintain that mindset consistently when I know that at the end of the day, I'm only practicing.

Comments

• agonz900agonz900 Live Member
    16 karma

I feel similar and have been trying to create test-like conditions while I PT. But for me, I find it hard to immediately approach the test without feeling frazzled and antsy both in the beginning each section as the time ticks and within the last few minutes of the test when it feels like I can't efficiently make any guesses... Sorry I am of no help, but I would like to hear the answer as well! You're not alone!

• darman45darman45 Live Member
    140 karma

thanks @anahibgonz !! I was thinking about this more last night and feel like the most motivational thing I came up with was the fact that the practice tests are limited. Even though it may not feel like it in the moment, every time you answer one of these questions, you're losing the opportunity to experience it for the first time again. This isn't to say that re-doing questions is useless, but certainly it is better to try to maximize what you get from each set of practice questions not only by reviewing them, but by making sure that when you answer them, you're truly trying to zone in.

Anyway, would love to hear what others think on this.