Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Private Tutoring - How often to work with a Tutor? - 7Sage Forum

Private Tutoring - How often to work with a Tutor?

J.D. HopefulJ.D. Hopeful Core Member
in General 22 karma

Help! I'm considering using 7Sage's packages to work 1-on-1 with a private tutor, but I'm not sure what's the best strategy. I have a long time before the actual exam, and tutors are a pricey investment, so I'm unable to tutor multiple times a week indefinitely. So, should I wait until I'm closer to the exam (like 3 months out) and tutor multiple times a week? Or begin now (like 8 months out), and pace myself with tutoring hours at like once a week?

I am set on giving myself the best shot possible by working with an expert, i just want to determine the best strategy given my situation and financial restraints! Thanks, everyone

Comments

• Aastha SAastha S Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    416 karma

Hey!

Director of LSAT Services here! I totally get that tutoring is an investment so we want to make sure that you're able to use your hours effectively. The nice thing about your hours is that they won't expire for a year so if you purchase now and decide to change how you space them out later, you'll still be able to use them!

My recommendation would pace out your hours by meeting with your tutor once a week until test day. By starting tutoring earlier, we can ensure that you set up the best study strategies and don't develop any bad habits as you prep. We can also help adapt your plan every step of the way as new strengths and weaknesses surface! If you want to talk through your specific situation, I'd suggest scheduling a free consultation with our team and we can help you determine what number of hours makes the most amount of sense: https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!