Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tips and advice, tricks and whatever - 7Sage Forum

Tips and advice, tricks and whatever

zach251999zach251999 Free Trial Member
edited August 16 in Logical Reasoning 9 karma

I’ve been studying for the LSAT for a little over two years now and I’ve made no progress on the logical reasoning, I always get half right and half wrong. I always get it down to two, consistently, then of course I always choose the wrong one, consistently. This is an occurring problem and then there are the little ones that I get wrong here and there, and I can’t even begin to describe those questions. Before anyone says I ought to memorize the questions types and the approaches and the this and that, the methods for particular questions and so on, my opinion on that is, it’s absurd. How can the LSAT be a predictor of critical thinking skills when one chooses to memorize each distinct grain of sand on a beach and the elements that make up those grains of sand, and that one has to approach each of these grains of sand with a different kind of mindset and identify these grains of sand by key-wording and sentence styles (the way it’s directed). It’s defeats the purpose of the LSAT and it has been stated as such by several lawyer types who seem well established, to approach the LSAT with a critical thinking based effort rather than a memory based effort. Nonetheless I’ve tried the memory based method and even then it’s absurd because each year the questions made by the LSAC association are different, right? Granted there are some questions that are thrown into the mix that have been used before in some LSAT at some time in the past, this I’m sure of, but it’s only some, and there’s no knowing those particular sum of questions, thus I’m back to square one which is to totally scrap the memory based effort because it’s not based on skill rather it’s based on prediction and patterns. So I’m committed to the critical thinking method, but I can only go so far, so what do I do?

Comments

• bkontokbbkontokb Live Member
    46 karma

I'm going to be totally, brutally honest with you. If you have been studying for this test for over two years (which is already abnormal) and you are still getting half the questions wrong on each LR section, I think you should seriously reconsider if law school is right for you. If this comment fills you with rage, then use that anger to buckle down and scrutinize why you are essentially learning nothing from your studying. Then adjust. Then improve.