Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Question on Score of PT v. Score on Calculate LSAT Score/Percentile page - 7Sage Forum

Question on Score of PT v. Score on Calculate LSAT Score/Percentile page

vd290110vd290110 Live Member
in General 52 karma

Hi!

I recently took a PT, and the score I got plus the questions I got correct are different from what the score would be with the questions I got right based on the calculate score/percentile page.

Ex:
Takes practice test, gets 52 correct and the score is a 156 but on the calculate score/percentile page says that would be a 158

I am just confused as to which my score would be because two points are a lot in my opinion.

I hope this makes sense!! Thank you :))

Comments

• J.D. HopefulJ.D. Hopeful Core Member
    21 karma

Hey! So I'm pretty sure that the scaled score you receive for a particular PT depends on how others did when they took the actual test, meaning that minus X number of questions doesn't automatically equate to a single specific score (aka, getting a raw score of 52 questions correct wont always result in the same scaled score across PTs). For example, getting 52 correct might give you a 156 on the June 1998 test, the same 52 correct might earn you a 158 on the December 2000 PT. It all varies depending on the exam

(someone correct me if i'm wrong)

• vd290110vd290110 Live Member
    52 karma

Thank you so much!!! This makes total sense.