Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My LSAT is Next Week & Writing Sample Concerns - 7Sage Forum

My LSAT is Next Week & Writing Sample Concerns

So, I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat as me and are panicking for the September LSAT. I am reaching out to ask people who have already written the test or are also writing it next week, what they are doing to prepare themselves for test day. I know I should get a good sleep, exercise, and eat to keep my energy intact but besides that, what's the best practice for these last 7 days? Should I be doing full practice tests every day, drilling, doing sections, or just relaxing? I know that I will probably not get my desired score, however, I want to put my all into this and not let my last 4 months of studying go to waste. I am also seeking any tips for how to keep up your momentum, considering the test is fairly condensed in 2 hours and 45 minutes.

My other area of concern is my argumentative writing sample. In the next week, I don't have any free time to complete it and was wondering when is the latest that I can complete it and still get my score on September 25th like everyone else? Also, I was planning to go into it blind, but have been told otherwise. How many practice samples should I complete? I don't want to waste my time, but at the same time, I want to be able to write a well-crafted essay.

Finally, for those who have done remote testing, when do you recommend setting up the test software and is 30 minutes before the exam a sufficient amount of time to log in and get settled in with the proctor?

For anyone who has reached this far and takes the time out of their day to ease my anxiety by replying to my thread, thank you in advance and good luck to you all!

Comments

• destinykndestinykn Live Member
    11 karma

I took the August LSAT. Everybody usually says don't take a PT in the week leading up to the the LSAT. But only you know what's best for you and how you study. I would just say don't over-do it, because you can get burnout right before the test.

I took my argumentative writing last week and it got approved this week- just in time for the release of scores. So I would say take it at least a week before scores release. I practiced using the writing sample prompts on Lawhub. I did each prompt twice (for a total of six times) and that felt like more than enough practice to solidify a strategy and work on timing.

I also did remote testing. I had some system issues, so I needed more than 30 minutes. But, technical difficulties aside, going through the proctor and getting started took like less than 10 minutes. I would still set up early because I had those technical issues.

• khaispencerkhaispencer Live Member
    4 karma

I took the August LSAT and was stressed about getting my writing approved in time for score release. I took it last week and it took less than 24 hours to approve. Not saying this will happen for you, but I was definitely over-stressing. Complete it when you have the time but give your self a week buffer if possible.

I didn't have any real technical issues, but to ease my nervousness I set up a bit over 30 minutes prior and just waited for my window to become available. After that the proctor's in control even if you have some difficulties your test starts when you've gone through the protocol not at the exact time you selected (if that makes sense).

• vanceernest76vanceernest76 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Thank you so much for sharing.

• 124 karma

Doesn't the writing essay have to be completed before we take the LSATs?