Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warm up Routines

tildenb1tildenb1 Core Member
in General 55 karma

Hello everyone,
I just finished the CC and I am starting the process of consistent drilling and PT's. I have done 3 so far and I have only done cold starts. As a result I spend the first three to five minutes of every test staring at the very first question trying to figure out what the hell it says. Definitely time for a change. With that in mind, does anyone have preferred warm up routines that work for them? Any findings from your own studying on what is most effective for warm ups?
Please let me know!

Comments

• evieayounce3evieayounce3 Live Member
    4 karma

I remember in high school I would go to ACT classes to help better my score. I will always remember the lady told us to stretch, get your blood flowing, and drink grape juice! Could be a placebo, but she explained how it was healthy sugars for your brain. When I go test, I drink one in the morning and also bring some juice for a quick pick-me-up during my 10 min break!

• goingup-1goingup-1 Core Member
    edited September 26 10 karma

I like to do a drill of 10 "easiest" LR questions and a drill of 1 "easiest" RC passage (untimed). It's enough to get my brain started, the muscle-memory activated, and to remember what I'm looking for. Plus, since they're all easy, I'm likely to do well on them and it's a confidence boost before diving in!