Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples of Public Interest Essays

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around some of these public interest essays (like Root-Tilden, Berk Public Interest Scholars, and general supplemental essays). I can't find a single example anywhere. Has anyone managed to find some?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to approach this? I am not sure if it needs to be a personal story or if I can just talk about my work experience. I'm running out of creative juice.

Comments

• sydneyolsteinsydneyolstein Core Member
    1 karma

I don't know if it is school specific, but one of the supplemental essays offered at my top school was about service and the question specifically was about a community / group i either am a part of or support, what I give that community, and what I get out of that community. I handled this mixing personal goals in with my work experience, and I think it was a good mix of learning about me as the applicant as well as demonstrating my work history in action. Hope this helps and if I am wrong, anyone feel free to chime in !