Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addendum? Need Advice.

Kaye PetroKaye Petro Live Member

I am in a strange situation. I have a decent GPA and LSAT score, but I am only applying to in-state schools, all which happen to be pretty competitive. So, my GPA is a 3.77 and my LSAT is a 156. Here are the stats for the school I am applying to:

Median GPA 3.87 (25th and 75th percentile between 3.70 and 3.95) And Median LSAT 165 (25th and 75th percentile between 161 and 167)

I applied last year with roughly the same scores, slightly lower GPA and an LSAT of 155, and I was waitlisted and eventually not admitted. I had a really strong personal statement and resume, which I think helped compensate for my scores. Anyways, reapplying this year with my 156 (which came out today, super bummer on this.)

Anyways, all to say, should I write an addendum for my 156? I think my reasoning would just be lack of resources to low-income students and within my specific university. For some background, I aged out of foster care and have been funding my legal journey on my own. I also own my own home (I am 23 years old), which is super expensive and the reason I cannot devote more money to LSAT resources or applying to out of state schools.

What now? Addendum? Not apply this year at all and start studying for next year? Desperately in need of advice. Thank you all! And I hope the best for all of you in your legal journeys!