Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application for the Fall 2016 (Test In Feb)

Mike StoneMike Stone Member
in General 111 karma
I'm getting concerned about timing with my apps. I'll likely take the test in Dec and again in Feb.

I really dont know much about this process, yet. If I take a Feb test, is that too late to get an app together for a few schools in time for the Fall 2016 year start times? Or is that too late, and will instead set me up to apply for 2017 start times?

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Hey Mike, If you live in Canada I could advise you with the application process, but if you're in the US, I'm sure some of the guys here will assist you.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    It really depends on which schools you are aiming for. At least some of the T14 does not accept the February LSAT for Fall admission, but I do believe it differs based on the school. This is something you could find on each school's website.

As the schools fall in rank, I think the general trend is that they are more open to later applications, with some schools now even starting to accept the June test for admission into that Fall. This in these schools' best interest to make the app process as open and accommodating as possible so that more students will apply, whereas the upper-echelon schools already have a large number of applicants to select from.

Just check with your schools and you should be good to go!
  • Mike StoneMike Stone Member
    111 karma
    @c.janson35 thank you, that was very helpful. I will approach research more individually than I had been.

@Matt1234567 thank you, but I'm in the US. I appreciate the offer, nonetheless.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you have a score on file, you can submit your app. Then they will just hold your app pending the February score. This at least gets your foot in the door if you have a December score that wouldn't get you rejected outright.
  • srcharlssrcharls Member
    edited March 2016 7 karma
    Hey Matt, I am considering the February exam as well and I have done a little personal research on the topic.
    There are a list of schools I found that are now accepting February LSATs due to lowered amounts of applications.
    These schools are:
    American University
    Arizona State University
    Boston University
    Brooklyn Law School
    College of William and Mary
    George Washington
    New England School of Law
    North Carolina Central University
    Ohio State University
    Pace University
    Rutgers University, Newark
    Santa Clara University
    St. Mary’s University
    Stetson University
    Suffolk University
    Temple University
    SUNY Buffalo
    University of Connecticut
    University of Hawaii
    University of Kansas
    University of Maryland
    University of Montana
    University of Pittsburgh
    University of Wisconsin, Madison
    University of Wyoming
    University of the District of Columbia
    University of the Pacific
    Vanderbilt University
    Villanova University
    Wayne State University
    Western New England College
    Whittier College
    Yale University

Then the article goes onto say that many schools would prefer scores be taken prior to the Feb LSAT for Fall submission, but will accept them on a rolling basis.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    That's a helpful list! Just note that it's not inclusive, so be sure to still check with your schools' websites if they aren't included there (and, to be honest, even if they are; you wouldn't want to risk anything lol).
  • Mike StoneMike Stone Member
    111 karma
    Thank you guys. @srcharls you can add UGeorgia to that list. i looked that up because i'm looking for sport(& possibly entertainment) law programs, so i know they're good up until (and i think including) june.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    edited September 2015 1049 karma
    For any Canadians reading, here are the schools that will accept Feb LSAT:

U of Toronto
    Osgoode Hall Law School (York)
    OttawaU
    Lakehead
    Western
    Queen's
    U of New Brunswick
    Dalhousie
    U of Saskatchewan
    U of British Columbia
    Thompson Rivers University

Keep in mind that for all of these unis, a December LSAT (or earlier) is recommended.