Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should we check JY's time recommendations before doing preptests?

David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
edited December 2013 in General 571 karma
Hey guys,

At the beginning of JY's RC passage readings and logic game videos, he always says "this should take you X amount of minutes". Do you guys generally look at his time recommendations and use them as guidelines for when you do the test? For the games, understandably its important to know how long it should take you when you're reviewing them and getting faster at forcing out inferences and finishing the game. But what about for reading comp? I have about 24 fresh tests left (for the February LSAT) so i'm debating whether i should start doing that.

Comments

• zhenderszhenders Free Trial Member
    228 karma
    It seems like probably it would be best to use those numbers to check yourself; if you se them as guidelines beforehand, you're adding a major mental schematic to your test taking which you simply won't have to rely upon on test day; it could very easily become a crutch without you intending it!

Before I was consistently completing the games section well under time, I would quickly jot down what minute and second I was at upon completion of each game (example: game 1: 7:15; game 2: 16:22, etc). That way, I could go back and gauge how I matched up with those recommended times.

Your call, though :) I can see how it might help train you to identify those longer, more difficult games -- just be careful about adding in non-test-day advantages :-)