Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endurance

ChrissyChrissy Free Trial Member
in General 47 karma
I am planning to take the Oct. test and using this month to work on endurance. I find it difficult to stay focus for the duration of the test which I am sure effects my overall score. I read somewhere that to help endurance you take two PT back to back. I have been taking two PT back to back with 15 minute breaks between them but at the end of the first PT and at points during the second I get unfocused or tired. For example today the first PT I got a 153 (personal best) and the second I got a 144 (personal worst). I don't know if this way is working and I don't want to waste a good PT on the second test so was thinking about using a new PT for only first best and old PT for second test. How do you guys stay focused and increase endurance?

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    I am not sure where all this concern about endurance is coming from everyone, but take it from someone who took the test once already, this will seem like the fastest 4 hours of your life. Adrenalin will be pumping the entire time. If anything you should be working on keeping yourself calm so nerves don't get the best of you. It is my feeling that taking 2 PTs back to back is not the best use of your time. Long BR sessions after 1 test will help you much more in the short and long run.
  • ChrissyChrissy Free Trial Member
    47 karma
    That is an interesting point. I never experienced taking the test before so i never calculated for adrenaline. I know my biggest weakness is me psyching myself out. I will do a complete BR tomorrow. Up until now I only marked which ones I got wrong (but didn't look the correct answer) and redid only those problems so see if I was right the second time around.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    The BR method can seem tedious at first but once you experience the learning benefits and resulting score increases, you come to rather enjoy tearing apart each wrong answer.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I completely agree with @nye8870 .... I've taken it once before too and at no point did I feel like my endurance lagged. If it's game day thay means you've had 8 hours of sleep, hydrated, worked our prior to, warmed up, and have a zillion gallons of adrenaline pumping through you..... you don't need to endurance train. Sounds like 2 back to back is just setting you up for burn out.
  • Burt Macklin FBIBurt Macklin FBI Alum Member
    32 karma
    How long have you been practicing for? Endurance just comes with months of practice, studying, and reviewing. My current setup is 1 old section that I've already done, done at leisure before I actually do my PT. I use it as a form of warm up. After I'm done PTing, I jump into the BR and a watch video explanations on 7sage or look up explanations on Manhattan LSAT. After you're done all of this, you're looking at roughly 7-8 hours. That should be enough to drive your endurance up.