Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Day Strategy: Lingering Negative Thoughts

JayRay2016JayRay2016 Alum Member
Hi Folks!

I am starting to get in my 'test day mode', including meditation, changing my sleep cycle and exercising.
I took PT 74 yesterday, went (-10), with the curve, not a bad score. But, not my best. What bothered me, is
I went (-5) in RC.

I knew I struggled in the RC section, and that carried over into my LR section. I couldn't shake the negative thoughts in my mind that kept repeating "I know I didn't do great in RC." That mindset, then carried over into my LR, because I struggled a bit in the beginning of LR, until I pulled it together.

So, my question is:
How do you Sagers, move on from each section in the exam? How do you truly forget/ignore previous sections - so that
you start the new section with a clear focus? How do you remove lingering negative thoughts as you transition from one section to the next.

Just a quick shout out and thank you to @c.janson35 who has given me some great advice on this already, and answered some PT questions I have had!

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @JGirrrLL
    You have to make yourself understand that "what's done is done." You can't go back and change an answer. Focus on the present.
  • demaremjdemaremj Member
    3 karma
    Adrian Li's book goes over a great technique for it. It's helped me quite a bit.
  • pattyesqpattyesq Free Trial Member
    28 karma
    I'd actually like to know some techniques as well. I've found that on a few PTs in the past, I have those lingering negative thoughts and it affects my performance. However, on the June 2015 LSAT, when I totally messed up on an LG section, I did not have those thoughts. Granted, it was right before the break. But my first section was LG, so I just convinced myself that the section I bombed was the experimental (it was not haha). So maybe convincing yourself that the section you did not do well on is the experimental may help (obviously this won't work for the fifth section, but at that point, lingering negative thoughts is no longer a concern).