Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for future plan of attack

allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
in General 1128 karma
Hi all,

I can't resist reaching out to you all for some advice, as it's been so quality in the past!

I've finished both the course and LSAT trainer and I'm now two PTs in (not much, I know), and wondering if I should suspend PTs and do some drilling. Or just keep doing PTs with quality BR?

I really memorized as much as I could during the core course, and took my time to internalize the concepts before moving on.
I will take the Dec test.
First PT: RC 19/26, LG 19/23, 1st LR 21/26, 2nd LR 24/26
Second PT: RC 25/26, LG 14/24,1st LR 19/26, 2nd LR 23/25

On the second PT I messed up some rules on LGs and knew I was doing terribly, ended up panicking a bit and I only got to 3 of the 4 games. But my main concern is the variety of problem sections here... after my first test I thought RC was my worst section, now it looks like LG. LR looks much more consistent across the two tests. How can I tell what I need to work on the most?

Any advice for how to proceed? I need high 160s and would be thrilled with anything past 170. I'm BRing around 178, so I given enough time I get what is going on in all sections.

I only got through about half the LG bundle before PTs, and I know it is the least intuitive section for me. So I plan to work through the bundle, but not sure if I should suspend PTs in the meantime. I would like to do 20-30 PTs before the Dec test, but obviously only if that is the most beneficial strategy here.

Thanks for any advice! Good luck to everyone.

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I think you should do more PT to build up your analytics. This will tell you where you're struggling and then you can drill. You already know that you should be drilling LG. It looks like you already know your LR can be kinda sketchy as well. Your analytics will give you a better idea of which LR question types you are struggling with. I don't think you should be blindly drilling until you know where your issues lie. You could end up drilling something that isn't necessarily your problem, it won't hurt you, but that time could've been used more effectively on something that needed improvement. There is plenty of time between now and December! Good job on that BR score! Seems like you definitely have a grip on the fundamentals. I was so eager to jump into PT that I didn't really spend enough time grasping the fundamentals. You are definitely ahead of the game at this point!
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Oh, while you're PT it wouldn't hurt to throw in 1or 2 LG games or passages a day when you have time throughout the day. Repetition is key for LG.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You don't have enough data to go on to warrant stopping for drilling. Add in an LG section as a fifth section and you should be good to go for the time being. I find LG to be pretty fun so I will just do a random section whenever I have time.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    Thanks for the help! Okay for now I'll keep at the PTs, and I'll definitely use an extra LG section to make my PTs 5 sections and get in more LG practice.