Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone pt'd certain scores and did higher on actual test??

lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
edited September 2015 in General 379 karma
I'm hoping I will be this person

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    I'm sure it has happened before. I'm going to take the exam as if it's just another PT. I suggest you do the same.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Ugh i know, but I keep getting 156s. I'm hoping test day I'll get 176, ya know?
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    It is irresponsible to plan this (if serious)... Likely score will be + or - 3 points of average... Improve your skills and the score will improve.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    I agree, @7sagelsatstudent180
    Certain score bands are characteristic of test-takers with different score levels.
    Examples:
    A 165 test taker can expect to range between 161-167. Someone who scores in the mid 160s is unlikely to drop into the 150s.
    Someone who typically scores in the low to mid 170s should expect to score no lower than 168 or 169. Absent a major bubbling error or an emergency bathroom break during a section, one should perform at their skill level. From personal experiences with PTs, I usually score in the low to mid 170s, but when I do horribly [like today (I'm talking about making careless mistakes and getting 1-star difficulty questions wrong)], I end up with a 169.
    My point is that test-takers attain a certain skill level, which is not likely to disappear on test day. Remember, the October exam is simply PT 76. No more, no less. Those who are prepping for December will use the exam as their final before their "real thing." In twenty years, 7sagers will advise newcomers to start PTing with 76+ and use 50-75 for drilling.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    @7sagelsatstudent180 heh yeah I was kidding about 176 ,but that's good to know about the 3 points. Thank you guys