Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does getting a question right on BR really mean?

sherryberry007sherryberry007 Alum Member
edited December 2013 in General 22 karma
I have been using the program for the last couple of months and have been seeing results. Though I am not in my target range yet, I am getting close to my range during blind review. Sometimes I notice things with time that I didn't notice the first time around and other times I just get to answer questions that I didn't have time to get to during the timed exam. My question is...what does getting a question right in BR really mean? Does it mean you are capable of getting this type of question right the next go around or does it mean that your real struggle is with timing? I'd love to hear the insights of people who have been going at this for longer than I have :).

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I believe the answer to both of your questions is yes. If you're getting it right in the BR, that means without the time pressure you're allowing yourself to really look at the problem and solve it correctly. As other 7sagers have said, usually you see a key word that wasn't obvious before with the time pressure. This of course allows you to see a key element that distinguishes between the right answer and the wrong answer. With enough BR conditioning, I think this active process of searching out the key to the stimulus eventually becomes passive and intuitive. Hopefully that helped.
  • sherryberry007sherryberry007 Alum Member
    22 karma
    Thanks, Simpaticonx! That was helpful.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    The name is Al. :)

Good luck with your studies!
  • sherryberry007sherryberry007 Alum Member
    22 karma
    Thanks Al. To you as well!