Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

practicing older weird games?

granny_smithgranny_smith Member
in General 91 karma
hi everyone,

practicing the older games sections now, and i was just wondering if you guys thought it was worth the time to continue practicing and perfecting the games that seem a little strange, like this one: http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-11-section-1-game-4/

one person mentioned on that one that's it's good for flexible thinking and I was wondering if you guys agreed. I don't mind giving it a shot and watching the videos for them but not sure if i should repeat, do the next day and the next week, etc..

thanks for all the advice folks! happy studying.

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I'd say it can't hurt because the fundamental concepts are similar, but make sure you just prioritize which games/game types you pay the most attention to.

Usually J.Y. will specify when a game is outdated. However I'd rather be safe than sorry if something comes out of left field on game day
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Games in the 70s have all included at least 1 "weird" game. Ignore them at your peril.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Definitely
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 8021 karma
    I don't think you need to go overboard and foolproof these games a ton of times, but I think it is an excellent idea to familiarize yourself with what weird can look like. I think a lot of the difficulty in many of the weird games is just due to the shock one experiences at the weirdness in the beginning. And I think the worst instances are when you have no idea how to even represent the game visually. I have found that rather than getting stuck like a deer in the headlights, it's best to just start putting the elements down on paper and just attempting something and then kind of guide yourself through trial and error to figure out the game board. For most weird games I have encountered that don't give you a visual setup (like some games in the first 10-15 PTs), the biggest difficulty in the game is just those first few minutes. Once you unlock the game board these games seem to be pretty easy in general, but spinning your wheels for 5-10 minutes to get to that point is what gets everybody. The more of these games you see, the more you can open your mind to new perspectives on how to diagram the weirdness.