Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Improving form Low 160 to high 160s in the last couple weeks leading to OCT 2015 LSAT

So I've taken blueprint and testmasters courses and I've increased from 144 to a low 160. Went to testmasters first and I was testing at around 158 by then end. Started studying on my own and then my first diagnostic with blueprint was a 162. Since then, throughout the entire course, I have barely increased at all. I test anywhere from 159-163 and only hit a 166 once. I don't know what I should do. I've taken over ten practice tests and its all within that range. I usually get 18-20 right in Logic games. 20-22 right in reading comp and get around 6 to 7 wrong in each section. Is there any tightening up I can do to increase my score within the next couple weeks?

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    At this point the only thing you can do is to hammer out logic games over and over with the hope that they begin to click. Repetition is a great way to learn LG and it's not unheard of for someone to get better at this section in the last couple of weeks. Time is certainly against you though, so it may be better if you postponed the test until December so that you could give yourself a real shit at achieving your target score.
  • 69 karma
    if i postpone do you think it would be worth it to enroll with 7sage? if ive taken both these other courses and taken a decent amount of tests already. do you think ive plateaued or is it possible to increase? I really dont wanna waste more money on a course if i cant improve
  • SA135790SA135790 Member
    129 karma
    @oliver.j.lee92 I too took Blueprint, and then self prepped with The Trainer, PowerScore and Manhattan Prep. My advice, postpone until December and SIGN UP FOR 7SAGE, ASAP. Blueprint's course is designed to give you a broader understanding of the LSAT but I firmly believe if your cold diagnostic was not a 165+, you will hit a cap on what you are able to score with BluePrint. I would also argue that the material is not designed to help you become a top scorer. Maybe above average, but that's it. 7Sage properly teaches and reinforces the fundamentals of the LSAT. I am FINALLY able to put two and two together and identify patterns and trap answers.

The LSAT to some degree is just like math. The only way to guarantee that you fully understand a math principle and all its variations, you must master the fundamentals. You can't wing it. Blueprint helped me "wing" problems on the LSAT but if there was a slight alteration to the question, I was a goner. 7Sage fills in the remaining blanks from other prep courses. Bottom line: postpone, enroll, PT till Dec, and destroy the LSAT. Good luck!

TL:DR ENROLL!
    2398 karma
    For $179 7Sage's Starter Course is far and away the best deal around. Think of it as an investment in your future. $179 over your 40 year law career is 3 dimes 1 nickel and 2 pennies a month.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    3 dimes 1 nickel and 2 pennies a month.
    !! I think I vacuumed that out of my car last week.
  • 69 karma
    but after all this prep is it still possible for me to improve?
    2398 karma
    Would you be on 7sage forums if you truly thought you couldn't improve?

There's always room for improvement. Take the plunge!
  • SA135790SA135790 Member
    129 karma
    @oliver.j.lee92 If you are not making -0 per section, then absolutely it is possible to still improve. Make sure you are BR'ing properly, identify your weak points and target those. LG is definitely a section you can improve on. As Mike Kim says, "Natural aptitude can affect the pace of improvement, but drive and work ethic are of far more importance to overall outcome."

You will stop improving the moment you begin to believe you can't.
  • 69 karma
    thanks guys, yeah lol and def right about being on the forum. you guys have definitely given me a lot to think about. Feeling hopeless tho since i havnt seen much improvement but am seriously considering postponing and taking your advice about 7sage... it just sucks not being sure about whether or not i can make a serious jump in the next 2 months