Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Original PS paper shredded

KimberlyKKimberlyK Alum Member
edited September 2015 in General 217 karma
I've been working on it for months. It's already been edited. It's an "overcoming adversity statement" which I really did not want to do in the beginning but whatevs. Two people have shredded it due to wanting to skirt around a disability I have.... One of them has "edited" out most of the statements that state the disability... So it is no longer an over coming anything statement....I rescue odd critters who are sick and no one wants then get them healthy and give them a forever home.... I am super passionate about it and it is a big part of my "personality"..... Ideas? encouragement? screaming rants at me for letting anyone look at the paper after it had been professionally edited? Did I mention the application is due Oct 1st and I'm taking the LSAT on the 3rd.... BTW Only 1 of the two people is even slightly qualified to give any advice.

~Frustrated in Texas

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    Which school is this for? I have never heard of an October 1st deadline.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    IIRC she is applying to UH ... But their website states:
    The regular decision deadline is May 15th for the part-time program and February 15th for the full-time program. The early decision deadline is November 15th for both programs. It is to your advantage to submit your application as early as possible. Transfer applications are accepted for the Fall and Spring. Deadlines for transfer and visiting students are one semester before the desired visit. For intended summer visits, the deadline is April 15th. For fall, the deadline is July 15th. For spring, the deadline is November 15th.
  • KimberlyKKimberlyK Alum Member
    217 karma
    I am not applying to U of H right now. South Texas has Spring enrollment and that's what I'm working on now.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Got it. Boy, that's still early—Baylor's Spring 2016 app isn't due until Nov 15th!