Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying for the LSAT & GRE

Consider This...Consider This... Alum Member
edited January 2014 in General 6 karma
I would need to take the LSAT and the GRE for a dual program. How do y'all manage time for both? Is there a GRE study program similar to 7Sage?

Comments

• prepedonlineprepedonline Free Trial Member
    25 karma

The LSAT is a harder test than the GRE. The LSAT is like the Ferrari of standardise, whereas the GRE is more like a Hyundai. Here's why: Fewer people get perfect scores on the LSAT, even when you control for the fact that more people take the GRE than the LSAT. and your are planning to both so you have to study 8 hrs LSAT and 6 hrs For GRE. if you are ready to study 16hrs in a day. this will be perfect combination to score in a both exams

• LawHokageLawHokage Yearly Member
    129 karma

I would not recommend studying 16 hours a day unless you want to burn out your first month and have a mental break down. I would recommend that you weigh each test accordingly and decide which one is more beneficial for you in the long - run. Having your attention split between two test will inevitably just make you do mediocre on both.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited September 2020 905 karma

I took the GRE a long time ago (I used books to prep, so no similar class recommendations), but off-hand from what you're asking - the GRE is MUCH easier than the LSAT and you could probably do really well on the GRE with just two months of study (granted, we're all different). The vocabulary I memorized for the GRE is unbelievably helpful for the LSAT (every time I see one of the words, I remember studying it). I would recommend studying first for the GRE and NOT doing them concurrently. The GRE is so different from the LSAT and really involves memorization. You don't want the math formulae interfering with studying logic, logical reasoning, or even the logic games to interfere with your studying math for the GRE. If you do anything concurrently, maybe just start studying logic as your LSAT prep while you study for the GRE - maybe even grab some books from your school's library to see if one is better than another?? You could in theory have the GRE done before the end of the year, to prep for the LSAT for next summer--ish and then be ready for sending out applications when they open next year.

Powerscore does GRE (don't know how helpful it is, but their LSAT books are very in-depth), https://www.powerscore.com/gre/

Plus taking the GRE first will give you a timed test experience. Good luck on both!!

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

This post is from 7 years ago :/

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

Ha, this is so funny ... talk about reading precisely!! Whoops to me