Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this Burnout? What do I do?

djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
in General 75 karma
Hey Guys,

I know that this topic has been beaten to a pulp but I thought that I probably couldn't hurt to write it again (to at least help me feel better). But what's been happening is that I've been studying intensively for about 7 months now (25-35 hours a week) after working full time. Everything was really good and I took the June 2015 LSAT. I took a break in June and restarted my push for October starting in July. Everything was still going smoothly, I took PTs and BR every day.

Now, I'm looking at PT 73, PT 74, and PT 75 (my June 2015 LSAT that I haven't looked at since test day..just so I can crush my old nemesis before going to handle business this Saturday!). But when I sat down to read the RC for 72, I was blanking. Didn't understand a single word. Got really frustrated and mad at everything and just gave up. I think the pressure is finally getting to me. I'm averaging at like 172 but it's been taking a dip lately.

Is this the classic example of Burnout? And how should I go about trying to overcome it before this Saturday???

SOS. HELP!

Thanks so much again, everyone

Comments

• edited September 2015 42 karma
    The first thing is to relax. Take a few breaths. We know there are people who don't even study for this test, then they attempt it, and end up in Law School. I work full time as well and I've taken a lot of breaks due to unforseen events or simply just procrastination. Life is complicated. After all is said and done, this is only a test. Your real foe will be law school. Sometimes our own thoughts become the obstacles, so if you choose to worry and your anxiety rises you will set yourself up for failure. Let it go for a while. You're likely already as ready as you will be, for Saturday.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @djkrd92 said:
    Is this the classic example of Burnout?
    Yes :)

@djkrd92 said:
    And how should I go about trying to overcome it before this Saturday???
    STOP

STUDYING

Visualize success for every question type as well as RC and LG.

Get a massage. Treat yo self. Practice self-care.

That's what to do to put yourself in the best position possible.
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    Thanks so much! Although probably won't get a message, I might just treat myself to some victory ice cream to celebrate our kicking some LsAT butt this Saturday :)

I was actually at the library when I posted and now I'm on my way home without opening my book once. I've done all that I could. Time to follow some great advice and rest up!
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @djkrd92 Make sure to spam @nicole.hopkins after the test. She likes that. Gibberish is preferred.
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    @ENTJ @nicole.hopkins

I'll spam her now!

UPDATE: Best decision ever.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    :)
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Visualize success for every question type as well as RC and LG.
    Will do!