Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overcoming plateau

nickeknickek Free Trial Member
edited September 2015 in General 8 karma
I scored 163 in Dec/14
Took a break waiting for application results
Resumed studying in June
Registered for Oct
Took some fresh PTs now
No difference from last year
Debating taking Dec/15 instead

How do I overcome this? I've literally taken every single timed PT so many times that I've memorised virtually every answer choice. I don't even need to read the RCs anymore, although I've barely finished them on the new ones today.

How do I beat my best without sacrificing my remaining PT 74 & 75?

Many thanks on advice and experiences :D

Btw I'm doing four month increments. I began studying last year at the beginning of August.

Though, I read JY's article the other day about taking a year to master the test, so I wouldn't be so bummed about potentially taking June/2016

I could do LG with my eyes closed ha ha, but I get wrecked over LR and RC :(

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'd postpone and maybe do a little more work on your fundamentals. Sounds like you wasted a lot of PTs before you were ready. Save 74/75/76 for December and understand the value of retakes. I would go back to the basics of 7Sage and/or the Trainer for a bit and then start PTs again when you are ready.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @nickek said:
    Though, I read JY's article the other day about taking a year to master the test, so I wouldn't be so bummed about potentially taking June/2016
    Good.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I'd postpone and maybe do a little more work on your fundamentals. Sounds like you wasted a lot of PTs before you were ready.
    Word.
  • nickeknickek Free Trial Member
    edited October 2015 8 karma
    Thanks for the input!
    I guess that I was a bit naïve to think that the first round was going to be my last ;)