Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skipping curve breaker questions

Martin01Martin01 Member
in General 343 karma
This is very subjective given that everyone is different. For me, when I see that the stimulus is long, I tend to skip and attempt to come back because I am not a very fast reader.

My question is, does this seem like a fairly good approach, or are there some signals that I am overlooking to determine if a question is more so on the difficult side?

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Skipping a question merely because the stimulus is long isn't a good approach. Sometimes longer questions are among the easiest, and I've seen plenty of 2-liners that are really really tough. When deciding whether I should skip a question, I always base the decision on whether or not I'm able to correctly diagnose the argument after 1 or 2 read throughs. If I don't know what's wrong with it after this point, which is usually around a minute, then I skip and come back.
  • RM112015RM112015 Free Trial Member
    192 karma
    Yeah, I also skip a question if I can't readily discern the flaw in the argument. I find that it helps a lot to simply skip it and come back to it. Often times the question becomes a lot easier the second time around. This means that in the long run you save time by not sinking in precious time during the first go and you increase your chance of getting the question right the next time around simply because your brain may notice things it didn't notice the first time.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    I think skipping a question should depend on how much you understand the stimulus. Sometimes LSAT writers just try to scare you by making the stimulus long.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    When deciding whether I should skip a question, I always base the decision on whether or not I'm able to correctly diagnose the argument after 1 or 2 read throughs. If I don't know what's wrong with it after this point, which is usually around a minute, then I skip and come back.
    Very good advice
    7965 karma
    @RM112015 said:
    Often times the question becomes a lot easier the second time around.
    Excellent point
    7965 karma
    @jyang72 said:
    Sometimes LSAT writers just try to scare you by making the stimulus long.
    Yes!!