Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being unsure about choosing answers.

babybennybabybenny Free Trial Member
in General 156 karma
Whenever I take LR and RC from preptests (esp,LR), sometimes I can't be sure whether I pick the right answer.
When I choose an answer, I think like "Hmm..It looks like it's an answer." or "It might be right." and I choose and then move on to the next question even if I'm not sure about the answer. So half of the answers I choose are usually right and the other half are wrong.
So being unsure about choosing answers always makes me feel really worried and annoyed. Especially, PT50s and recent ones make me feel vulnerable and worried. I want to be sure and certain (e.g Yes, this is an answer!) when I pick answers.
How can I overcome about this problem?

Please someone give me advice.
Thanks!

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    You can overcome this particular problem by learning to use POE at a high level. There's always going to be tricky answers, but you have to start being very particular with what you're looking for while also knowing what makes wrong answers wrong. POE. Do it!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @babybenny said:
    sometimes I can't be sure whether I pick the right answer.
    Yeah ... everyone feels this way from time to time :) The end goal of prep is feeling this way less, and Corey is right to emphasize POE as the primary means by which one gets there.

I don't think anyone (unless they have been teaching the test for years) is ever 100% certain 100% of the time. So if you're not 100% ... Well ... You're in good company. Try to learn what 90% certainty feels like and get comfortable pulling the trigger and moving on with that.