Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG drilling

tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
in Logic Games 2573 karma
So I did about 8 games today and maybe 3-4 I made the dumbest mistakes and didn't catch them until AC just weren't working right for me. Each time I noticed that a rule would say something like P is in the same group as S. W and Y cannot be in the same group as G, but I'll actually write a completely different letter that's sometimes not even part of the game! Or I'm reading W but I'll write with complete confidence Y. Like wth!! I'm not even burned out. I took a break Saturday and Sunday. I noticed I kept doing the same crap so I was more focused on reading the rules the next time around. The rule said must and I swear I read can't, or vice versa!!! What in the world is happening here??!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Serious question: Do you wear glasses or have you ever been told you should but don't? Even just an astigmatism can cause you to strain to the point that you can develop focus issues. It may not have anything to do with what's actually going on but it's something to think about.

Aside from that, I would just slow down a bit, double check your translation of the rules until you get your confidence, focus, and accuracy back. And always be on the lookout for signs that you screwed up (e.g.- one rule knocks out three choices for the acceptable situation question).
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Hey @Pacifico! Hope you did well Saturday! I do wear glasses, but they were on prescribed for driving, near sighted, and I also have an astigmatism. My annual checkup should be in November, so I guess I'll take it more seriously than I have been. I'm curious to see how today will go. Thanks!
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    Just keep reminding yourself to pay careful attention when reading the scenario and rules. Maybe write a reminder to pay attention on a note card or sheet of paper and post it above your desk.