Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I not be PT'ing yet?

2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
edited October 2015 in General 248 karma
Basically, I've taken 8 PTs and as of recent I'm scoring 157-159, while taking about 2 a week. Originally, I was scoring 156 more or less. -7/8 on LR, -5 on LG, -8 RC averages around. I feel that I never drilled much before starting my PT phases. I only did about a 1/6 of the logic game bundles and never drilled RC too much. Should I break from PT'ing and focus on doing the Logic Game bundles and RC sections before I start PT'ing? I feel like since my score isnt in the 160s after 8 PTs that maybe it's a bit premature and if I drilled RC/LG for a few weeks, it would help me jump into the 160s. Thanks.!

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2015 7468 karma
    Doing the early LGs is a great use of your time. What're your BR scores?
  • 2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
    edited October 2015 248 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor Usually 167+ at least. Highest was a 172 on my most recent with a 158 regular score. (PT 55) I feel as though drilling RC, LG, and LR would help me get quicker under timed circumstances and that I am doing myself an injustice by PT'ing without having done more of the LG bundle and RC practice.
    7468 karma
    @2RARE2CARE I wouldn’t call it an “injustice”. Have you read LSAT Trainer?
    edited October 2015 248 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor Yes, I have once. I read for reasoning structure and am able to see it pretty easily now. But from the memory method > Trainer > PT, I did minimal amounts RC drilling besides whatever was in the trainer workbook and a few sections on my own. I was about -12 to minus -8/9 now. I feel like focusing on PT is hindering my ability to do the LG games bundle/RC drilling which I need to improve. I guess it's because I was aiming for December but now I am thinking I should go to 1 PT a week and then drill LG/RC the other 4 days of my week with Sundays off and take February.. Thoughts? Much appreciated
    7468 karma
    I think that’s a great idea. try that for 5 weeks, and see if there’s progress, either in your timed or blind review. LG is considered by many to be the most beatable portion of the test. It’s also considered by many the hardest to burnout on. In fact, I try to drill 4-5 games/day to stay fresh. Whenever I stray from that regimen, I always see a drop in my score. Best of luck!
    248 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor Thankyou sir! I agree. If anyone else has some input regarding my matter it would be awesome.