Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of guidance after OCT LSAT

alp7qalp7q Core Member
edited October 2015 in General 53 karma
I took my first LSAT without a lot of focused studying in Dec 2010 and scored a 157.

This summer/fall I spent a significant amount of time going through the Powerscore Bible for LG and LR and took probably about 15 PTs. I was PTing around 163 and Blind Reviewing in the high 170s. I spent a lot of time on blind reviews and watched the 7sage videos, etc.

I just got my score - I scored a 157 again. I am crushed. I didn't think I was above a 165, but I hoped I'd end up around a 163 at least.

I graduated from a top public university with a 3.9 gpa. I don't know if I can improve at this test at all - if I should scurry to retake in December... or wait until June. The thing is, I'm 30 so I am really at a loss as waiting another year might hurt me even more. I don't know what to do. I definitely thought that I would improve my score enough for it to make sense to apply this cycle. I am not going to die if i don't get into the T14 but I know a 157 is not what I want. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• nickott10nickott10 Free Trial Member
    39 karma
    Same experience here, scored 4 points lower than my average PT scores and was blindsided by my score. You're not alone in your frustration. I would encourage you to stay on it if you are still passionate about pursuing the ultimate goal. I personally think I'm going to retake again in December just so I don't lose my momentum.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @alp7q said:
    I don't know if I can improve at this test at all
    I am a huge believer in maintaining a positive mindset. You have to change this attitude before going at it again. If you convince yourself that you can do it and bust your ass, then you WILL get to your goal score. I don't know your life situation so I'm not going to make a call on that part of, but I wouldn't let the age thing make you rush. I'll be 33 in December and I won't start until the fall of 2017. As important as this test is (esp. for the top 14), you just can't afford to rush yourself along before you are ready. If you are completely committed to making this happen, then you can't let anything get in your way... including rushing up because of your age. School will always be here. I would sign up for Ultimate+ package here, be meticulous and persistent as you go through the curriculum and come June, I promise you will surprise yourself. Best of luck to you.
  • xiezidanxiezidan Member
    9 karma
    I am in almost the same situation. High GPA from a top school but around the same LSAT score even after the 2nd try. I am torn over whether to apply as I want to get into Big Law. I am afraid that even if I take it the 3rd time, my score won't go up (or even down).
  • alp7qalp7q Core Member
    53 karma
    thank you everyone. i think i am going to regroup & aim a little higher than the score i aimed for in oct. as far as the Ultimate + package is concerned, what other supplemental materials will I need to purchase? just the PTs?
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    Yes buy PTs. You really want your PT sample set to be around 40 or 50 (mine was also around 15-20). The LSAT trainer helped me a lot on RC and is not that expensive.
  • petitigrepetitigre Member
    227 karma
    I scored more than 5 points below the average of my 3 recent PT scores, so I feel your frustration.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @alp7q said:
    what other supplemental materials will I need to purchase?
    Trainer :)