Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After December LSAT, going to make a bonfire out of my LSAT Books

psbrathwaitepsbrathwaite Member
edited September 2014 in General 207 karma
Especially the dreadmaster's course books I paid a G for. Gonna make a nice, big, fire.

Comments

• ksc26ksc26 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    A nice alternative to this would be to donate them to prospective Law student. :)
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Hahaha. I also took a course which I paid a grand for, only if I found 7sage just a bit sooner.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I think we've all had fantasies about burning our books once the LSAT is done. Stupid test is turning us all into pyromaniacs!
  • mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma
    Good thing we won't want to burn anything from this course! Instead we're refer it to everyone we know that is thinking about law school!
  • miriruchertmiriruchert Alum Member
    180 karma
    while i do feel the sentiment I strongly discourage any such fires due to the toxicity of the smoke that will enter your lungs ;-)
  • lTexlawzlTexlawz Free Trial Member
    277 karma

I would keep the books. Some of the become collector's items. Some of them are difficult to find and can be worth a lot of money. The original print LSAT test 39 is worth over $500 and is very hard to find. I would keep them as a collector's item. I have the originals from the first print. Like test 42,43. 41,40, and 39. They are in the originals and worth a lot.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Didn't all those environmental passages and stimuli make you more environmentally conscious? Shame on you! ;)

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I plan on donating mine to the library after all this is done. When I first started, that was the first resource I hit, and there was absolutely nothing available. Maybe someone else will benefit.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    edited February 2018 3788 karma

Keep them. Or you can sell them. Or show your kids how hard you studied and perhaps give them your prep books to continue your glorious JD dynasty, if they desire to become lawyers

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    edited February 2018 5249 karma

Or maybe find a student, maybe someone who has encountered obstacles, and make it a gift to them and include a note of encouragement.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

@xadrianas6x said:
    I plan on donating mine to the library after all this is done. When I first started, that was the first resource I hit, and there was absolutely nothing available. Maybe someone else will benefit.

That's what I did with all my old textbooks and AP/SAT material from high school.
    We have a mini-bookstore-like place attached to the library in my area. People can donate books that the library sells there for 50 cents to a dollar, or sometimes gives away for free. They use the proceeds for library projects, new book purchases, etc. I plan to do the same with my LSAT material after I'm done.

• clarkermclarkerm Alum Member
    49 karma

@"Habeas Porpoise" @xadrianas6x Are y'all donating them with all your markings in the books? I have my notes and circled answers in the books. I wasn't sure if someone would appreciate material that is used- but I suppose it's better than nothing?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Most of mine are light pencil marks. I made a lot of copies to practice on of the example problems. So, my books are fairly clean.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

@clarkerm, same as @xadrianas6x, I usually always write in pencil in my books, and tend to practice quizzes/problem sets on separate paper (so that I can re-do them again in the future).

The person reading after me can choose whether to keep or erase the information, though I'll sometimes go through and erase answers from practice questions beforehand if I wrote anything.

• clarkermclarkerm Alum Member
    49 karma

@"Habeas Porpoise" @xadrianas6x Thanks! I'll have to see which books are salvageable.

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@xadrianas6x said:

Great idea! My library didn't have anything, either––just a few books. And I read the online reviews for those prep books––they were really, really bad.