Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take it a third time?

purplelionpurplelion Free Trial Member
in General 32 karma
hey y'all, i posted a while back about feeling very uncertain after the oct lsat. y'all helped convince me to keep my score, and i'm glad i did; thanks for keeping me on track! now i'm in another situation i could really use some help with.

i've already taken it two times: a 167 and a 172 (my oct score). i feel like i have a good shot at 175+ if i take it a third time, based on how i'd been doing on pt's and the fact that unforeseen circumstances gave me very little rest the day before the test. i have basically a 3.6.

should i take it a third time?

thanks for any advice

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @purplelion said:
    should i take it a third time?
    My thought is ... why the heck not?
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    If you think you can do better, absolutely.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Yes. Mike Spivey has written on his blog that even a +1 point differential can make a huge difference! So, if you think you still have some juice left in you, then go for it! He also dispelled the myth that retaking and experiencing a drop in your score is harmful to your prospects as a candidate. He maintains that schools only care about your highest score, and if there's anyone to trust on the subject, it would be him. That said, it seems like it's all upside--especially if you believe a 172 isn't indicative of your LSAT proficiency.