Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Deferrence

odebs2797odebs2797 Alum Member
edited October 2015 in General 136 karma
So I was admitted to a school in the US in Fall 2015 and I deferred it until Fall 2016. I just got my October LSAT score and it is 6 points higher than my June LSAT, which is usually the minimum threshold for having to explain the discrepancy in scores. Do you think the school I am already admitted to will request an addendum to my application explaining the 6 point jump? Just wondering if anyone else has ever gone through this. I am not worried about having to explain it as I already know I have a good reason for it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @odebs2797 What IS a good reason? I jumped 13 points. Is this a bad thing?
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @nye8870 yeah, you jumped 13 points! Hip hip hooray!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Big believer in the BR sessions! Motivation + Hard work = Gains ;-)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @nye8870 said:
    Motivation + Hard work = Gains ;-)
    This makes my heart SING.
  • odebs2797odebs2797 Alum Member
    136 karma
    Good reason is I was concussed in April while studying for the June LSAT and still have PCS to this day, but it is no where near as bad as it was in April-May and I now know how to manage it better than before. Also I had surgical procedures done on each of my feet in May which required me to take strong painkillers, making studying....difficult to say the least lol.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @odebs2797 Well that sounds like a good reason for sure. Sorry you have endured such pain. Would you happen to know what a school might consider a not-so-good reason?
  • odebs2797odebs2797 Alum Member
    136 karma
    Thanks, it could've been much worse so I am grateful it was not. And no, sorry, I do not have much insight on what makes a good supplemental statement (besides my own situation) and I don't want to lead you astray by pretending I do.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @odebs2797 Cool. Glad you're OK. Keep on truck'n!