Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Or, Not Both (LR And In-Out Games)

Martin01Martin01 Member
edited October 2015 in Logical Reasoning 343 karma
Can someone please be so kind to read my notes from the particular lessons listed below? I do not know which definitions are correct. Different lessons are contradicting each other. Please help!

Logical Reasoning (Lesson 25 of 40, 9m)
Or (3 options) = A is selected, B is selected or both A and B are selected.

Logical Reasoning (Lesson 27 of 40, 5m)
Not both – negate the Necessary, then contropose. In short, 1, A or B must be selected.

Advanced Logical Reasoning (Lesson 2 of 15, 5m)
Or is different because it has (2 options) = A is selected or B is selected. A and B are not selected together.

In-Out Games (Lesson 1 of 20, 5m)
Or is back to the original lesson, (3 options) = A is selected, B is selected or both A and B are selected.

Not both is different because 1, A or B can be is selected or nothing has to be selected.

Comments

• HibiscusHibiscus Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    I don't have the lessons but here's the definitions:

"OR" means at least one is selected (both can be also selected)
    "Not both" means only one or none is selected
    "Either A or B, but not both" means one must be selected, and you cannot have both nor neither
    "At least one, but not both" means one must be selected, and you cannot have both nor neither

The last two definitions are pretty much the same, but questions might word them differently like that.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    The differences you mentioned above aren't necessarily contradicting each other. In the advanced lessons, JY is explaining what happens to or/not both when placed with conditionals. In the beginning lessons, he is showing what the logical definition of each is. In the advanced lessons, he is explaining the definition when these ambiguous words are applied to conditional statements. Could this be the difference you are seeing?