Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack of recent responses from J.Y.

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited June 2014 in General 13940 karma
Hey guys, you might have noticed that it's been a while since I've responded to comments. Sorry. I must have kept many of you waiting.

I'm withdrawing from responding to comments, broadly speaking. There are a two reasons for this.

First I'd like to focus on making videos which is an incredibly time consuming thing to do.

Second, I'd like to encourage you, our community, to help each other out. I realized that going forward, in the long run, if I keep responding to comments, I would be in effect encouraging the community to always specifically ask for my response, my help, which has the unintended effect of discouraging other students from responding. That's not good for building a community where we are both teachers and students.

I am still reading the comments. If there's enough confusion, I will clarify. But, you guys are smart and very nice to each other (thank you) so I don't anticipate many problems that you cannot resolve among yourselves.

You might have noticed that our commenting system has improved. First, recent comments show up directly on your command center, after you log in. Second, we've added the "Like" feature so now you can vote up helpful comments.