Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I apply?

brendanjbrendanj Alum Member
in General 39 karma
So I took the October LSAT and came in at a 169. My dream school is Stanford, which puts me on the 25th percentile in terms of LSAT score. My undergrad LSDAS GPA was calculated to be 3.68 which is a little below 25th percentile. The real GPA was a tenth of a point higher, but I suppose that is irrelevant for my purpose. I would call myself something of a non-traditional law student. I have a Master's in Music, as well as some post grad studies, and was a professional classical guitarist/instructor for five or so years and have traveled much of the world. I only list these last things out of hope that they might somehow set me apart on my application, though that may be wishful thinking. I'm looking for a little advice here. Should I apply? or would that be tantamount to lighting a $100 bill on fire?

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    you should apply bra!!
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Are you planning to retake in December?
  • brendanjbrendanj Alum Member
    39 karma
    I don't think I'll retake unless it's in the next application cycle. I live pretty close to a top 20 regional school for which my score should be good enough and I have in state tuition. So that's my backup.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Go for it.
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    My undergrad is in music and my aunt who taught at u of chicago (political theory) told me that it will make me stand out a little bit. She also went to yale for political theory, knows a lot about admissions and has lawyer friends so I think her opinion can be trusted. Make sure your essays are dead on and you have solid LORs then apply. Good luck!
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    Apply! In the long run, $100 isn't worth enduring the nagging feeling of "What if" that will haunt you the rest of your life. It seems that Stanford is your absolute top choice, so one Hail Mary (lets just call it what it is) never hurts, especially since you have a top 20 regional as a relative safety.