Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help me with mastering MSS and MBT

Moon10YGMoon10YG Member
in General 43 karma
I've taken about 10 PTs + intense BRs (made an imaginary friend and explained my reasoning to that guy for all of my circled questions out loud) and I've analyzed that I am performing horribly on MSS and MBT, well below other 7sagers' average. When I review my wrong answers, I realize why I got the question wrong, but I end up making the same mistakes over and over again... Common mistakes being: not closely reading the stimulus, falsely equating words, and choosing out of scope answers.

It's rather perplexing because I seem to be performing confidently and proficiently on questions like Para and PF, questions which most 7sagers find relatively difficult.

Needless to say, I've finished the MSS, MBT + Validity lessons. However, I think that finding the "conclusion" on the answer choices is something that I am having major difficulty with at a fundamental level. With MBT, I find relativity extremely difficult to understand, such as Magic Shoes -> Faster also means /Magic Shoes -> /Faster. I feel like that interpretation directly goes against everything I learned in JY's logic lessons and invalid statements. So having that idea, the possibility that negated relativity answers can be correct, really throws me off when I see similar answer choices when I'm PTing.

Could you guys please help me master MSS and MBT? If you guys can guide me to the lessons that could improve my understanding of above topics, it would me really helpful.

Thank you very much... You guys are tremendously helpful...

P.S. Thanks again to those who helped me fight the urge to pick up smoking.

Comments

• deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    I'm going to guess here. I never watched the lesson, so I'm not sure about the example, but I think it might be this:

I think that JY might be saying that if the relationship is:

You MUST have magic shoes IN ORDER to go faster

then

If you do NOT have magic shoes then you CAN'T go faster.

This is different from a->b !a -> !B

Because in the former, the magic shoes are a necessary condition. In the latter "a" is a sufficient condition.

Let me know if this makes any sense in the context of the lesson you are talking about.