Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Syllabus Change

Chelsea_CatesChelsea_Cates Alum Member
edited March 2014 in General 18 karma
Why is my syllabus all of a sudden marking literally everything (even lessons I haven't done yet) with black checkmarks?! It stopped keeping my place in the lessons, and when I click "continue" it goes straight back to PT question and answer. Ugh!

Comments

• lsatpracticelsatpractice Alum Member
    2 karma
    same with me! I was just going to ask as well
  • mrlsat180mrlsat180 Alum Member
    118 karma
    I just refreshed and it went back to normal. They're just constantly making improvements to the site kind of like iPhone updates so this stuff happens.
  • pine5700pine5700 Alum Member
    2 karma
    I was previously at 30% complete. Now it says I have only completed 9%. I now have to guess as to the videos I have/haven't watched. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Black checkmarks
    Hey, this is my fault. It's from a batch of website improvements I pushed out last night. These website improvements normally can lead to formatting/color/layout issues for some students for a few hours.

This time I forgot to refresh the webserver's cache, so these issues are impacting even more of you, and for longer than normal. Sorry! I refreshed the webserver's cache a minute ago.

If you are still seeing the black stars and checkmarks, please try using"Force Refresh":

Windows: ctrl+F5
    Mac: cmd+shift+r

Browsers can be finicky, but I find that usually doing two or three of these rapidly (i.e. 3 within one second) does the trick.

If this still doesn't work, you can try clearing your cache: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Progress %
    The reason the progress %'s went down is because I changed the progress bar to show progress in terms of time completed rather than in terms of lessons completed.

The end of the course is filled with PTs, which are fewer lessons but take a long time. So for most students, this change to a time based calculation reduces the % complete.