Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Videos loading too slowly

darcygMSWdarcygMSW Alum Member
edited March 2014 in Technical Problems 6 karma
Hi,
I had a problem getting videos on this site to play at first, I changed my settings to use flash instead of html5 and this fixed that problem. I am now, however, having an issue with the videos loading extremely slowly. I'm running a macbook pro OsX 10.9.1, firefox and all plugins are up to date. I'm not having with problem with any other videos. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• TechSupportGuysTechSupportGuys Alum Member
    16 karma
    I've always used this at work and am now having the same problem! I originally encountered a similar issue and fixed it by going to 'settings' and switching from HTML5 to Flash. Unfortunately I can't switch browsers from IE. Nothing has changed on the work computer, but I now get the error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.2)
    Timestamp: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:51:03 UTC

Line: 0
    Char: 0
    Code: 0
    URI: http://lsat7sage2.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/plugins/bwp-minify/min/?f=wp-content/themes/diverso/js/modernizr.2.5.3.min.js,wp-content/themes/diverso/js/d3.v3.min.js&ver=1358302640

edited March 2014 16 karma
    This might be the end of my LSAT study, since I'm stuck at work 60 hours a week. Help?
  • darcygMSWdarcygMSW Alum Member
    6 karma
    I downloaded safari and have been having success with it. However, I do find that the video's in his program are very unstable; I'll often have to refresh a page 5-6 times before the video loads properly.
  • darcygMSWdarcygMSW Alum Member
    6 karma
    This morning for example; I sat down to study at 0800, it is now 0815 and have still not been able to get the video that I left off at yesterday to play. This is hurting my productivity a lot.
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    edited March 2014 3076 karma
    Hey sorry for the video problems! These sorts of issues are really hard to fix because I don't see it on my side (the videos load fine for me), so it's tough for me to figure out what is happening for people where the videos are not loading well. I still want to get this fixed for you so you can focus on your LSAT prep!

I put in a fix that I think may help. Please try using the flash player again.
    16 karma
    Alan! You fixed my issues (for playing in Flash); thanks for the help. Script seems to be working well for me on IE8. Appreciate you resolving that so quickly.
    16 karma
    Except now all videos seem to be loading in Flash only, which is killing me on my Kindle Fire
  • 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    298 karma
    Have you tried turning off the Flash option when you use your Kindle Fire, and then turning it back on when you use IE8?
    16 karma
    Yes
  • 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    298 karma
    Does doing that help the situation, or are you still unable to play videos on your Kindle Fire?
    16 karma
    So Kindle Fire doesn't support flash (Adobe stopped supporting mobile flash circa 2012). I've been trying to watch the videos as HTML5. This worked for a few days, but now 7sage reads "Sorry, Adobe Flash 10.1 is needed to view this video - please install it from..." I get this error regardless of my Flash preference under my 7sage settings. I'm not sure why.

As background: On my work's computer I had to run the videos as Flash because we are forced to use IE8 (big corporation, slow to upgrade technology). If you remember around March 17 the videos were only running as HTML5, so I purchased the Kindle. Now it seems they only run as Flash for me (which renders the Kindle useless)?