Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comp murdering my score

I've take PT 35-58 (58 this morning), and I am in the frustrating 168-172 range. Prior to the 50s, I was consistently going -2/-3 (with a few -0s here and there) on RC. Besides the games, I would have said that RC was my easiest/most consistent section. However, ever since PT 50, my RC score has just been awful: I've averaged -6 to -7 in this section, which has just brutalized my score (my past 3 or 4 exams have been significantly lower than my average because of this). Today was the most frustrating; I thought I turned a corner and aced the RC section, but I went -6. BR was -5 (which is still not what I am looking for). Any advice? I don't really think the passages in the 50s were that different from the other previous exams.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    @Pacifico Just did!
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    @"Accounts Playable"

I think that you may find the most recent RC to be a bit easier. Might want to check, just to see if you are getting a true estimate with the tests you're on currently. For me is was fairly consistent prior to the 50's or so, then got super duper hard, and then got easier after about #67 or so.
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    same problem as you. let us know if you find a solution!
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" said:
    and I am in the frustrating 168-172 range
    yeah, must be terrible...
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @badgalriri said:
    let us know if you find a solution!
    Haha...are we looking for a silver bullet, here?

The key to improving on RC is learning how to make (or block) inferences based on the passage—just like in LG, and being able to refer to the passage efficiently.

No magic will teach you how to make inferences. But there IS a path forward.

Looking forward to having folks on the webinar!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @josephellengar said:
    For me is was fairly consistent prior to the 50's or so, then got super duper hard, and then got easier after about #67 or so.
    Agree with this for the most part with a few exceptions. For instance, PT76's comparative.