Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interpreting fluke scores?

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
Unsure on how to approach this. I scored a perfect on the Games section from PT43 when normally I do not what should I think of this?

Comments

• nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    @LSATKingsman how many PTs have you taken? What is your average games section on those PTs?
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    @nordeend taken about 7 PT's normally I miss about 3 from stupid mistakes and then miss a solid 4-5 on the hardest game. Was PT43 an easy test there were only 22 questions?
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    edited November 2015 349 karma
    @LSATKingsman I had a RC passage like this (out of the blue and really good) and it was not representative of how I normally perform. You dont have enough PTs under your belt to have a real indication of where you're at so I would take it as potential and thats it. Dont look into too much and keep BR/foolproof up. Take another 10 PTs (at least) and then you can put that score in a better perspective.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    If you've never seen the games before.... and it's not a retake..... I wouldn't say it was a fluke. Sure, they might be easier games, but you've obviously then demonstrated that those games are OK for you.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited November 2015 6866 karma
    Single results are worthless unless they're consistent. If your games performance stays at or close to that level across multiple tests moving forward then great, enjoy your stay on breakthrough island. If it doesn't, then you've already described it perfectly - it's a fluke, a set of games that happened to fall directly into your wheelhouse. In that case, treat it like you'd treat any other fluke.