Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elimination skills

ltownsjrltownsjr Alum Member
edited November 2015 in General 84 karma
Do you guys find your elminating skills getting better by doin it constantly? I haven't devoted my time solely to it, but I'm willing to try anything to improve my score. It seems when I eliminate, I can only elminate two at most. So I'm wondering if i eliminate it more, does it become easier to do?

Comments

• Definitely, after every PT I go back and find a reason to eliminate every wrong answer choice for every LR and RC question though I'm sure it's beneficial to do it for LG also. Since I started doing this when I take a PT on most questions I can eliminate at least 3 choices per question off the bat. Wrong answer choices are repeated and you start to see them much easier the more time you spend on this.
  • diana1493diana1493 Alum Member
    78 karma
    To quote @nicole.hopkins, your only job on the LSAT is to eliminate 4 wrong AC's for every question. It's much more effective to find what's wrong with AC's then to look for the one that looks right. Obviously there are some very easy questions that are exceptions and in LG the right answer can often jump out. But for LR and RC, POE is what you want to focus on, imo anyway.
  • ltownsjrltownsjr Alum Member
    edited November 2015 84 karma
    Yeah, I know you should do it. I'm asking whether you get better at doing it overtime. So in other words, since I'm able to elminate two, will I be able to eliminate more on each question. I think you guys have answered it from what you're saying tho.
  • diana1493diana1493 Alum Member
    78 karma
    Im sorry for misunderstanding! Yes you definitely will. For LR specifically, drilling Flaw questions helped me a ton with my elimination skills (I currently average -3 for both LR sections). It allows you to get really familiar with all of the flaws you see in the LSAT in general, so you will be more confidently able to eliminate more AC's by recognizing the flaws.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @diana1493 said:
    It's much more effective to find what's wrong with AC's then to look for the one that looks right
    +1
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @ltownsjr said:
    Do you guys find your elminating skills getting better by doin it constantly?
    Yes.
    @philippkirschbaum said:
    Definitely, after every PT I go back and find a reason to eliminate every wrong answer choice for every LR and RC question
    Yes!
  • PMLSAT83PMLSAT83 Alum Member
    124 karma
    Hammer time!!