Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inferences questions POV

ltownsjrltownsjr Alum Member
edited November 2015 in General 84 karma
For MSS/must be true questions on RC that don't have a point of view in the question stem, can we assume that they are looking for what the author thinks? Ex:what is most strongly supported? What can be inferred from the passage?

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    edited November 2015 2573 karma
    @ltownsjr if you have the trainer check out page 510 for your inference question. You need to determine by the AC if your're looking for a specific type of inference or a general inference. If it's a more general inference regarding the passage as a whole, then you can base it on what the author thinks. I don't think it really matters though. You have to eliminate any AC that is not supported by the txt regardless of which view point it is addressing. I'm not totally sure, but it seems unlikely that they'll throw in an AC from both POV and require you to determine the best answer according to one of the stimuli such as ones you've provided. Same for MSS. It's either going to support the author or someone else. I just don't think they'll throw in two AC and make you choose between the two when you haven't been told which one they're referring to. I also think "from the passage" tells you they're not specifically referring to the author, although they could be. I think they mention the author in the stimuli when that is who they're referring to. I think. @nicole.hopkins may be able to shed light on this one. She's the RC guru.