Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February or June?

gantzerjgantzerj Alum Member
in General 56 karma
Just took the December LSAT and totally blew it...test anxiety got the better of me and my mind went seriously foggy for the second half of the test. I definitely don't think I'm going to score in the range I'd hoped for so delaying my application to the next cycle seems to be the only choice. Should I go in for the February test or push it back even further to the June one? Logic Games is where I am seriously lacking and really need to put in work...But I concerned if pushing the test back too far can in some way have a negative effect on my performance...

Comments

• splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    I don't think pushing the test back till June (and still having September/October as a back up) would be a bad idea at all. I say give yourself a breather for a month or 2 and get to improving those logic games. (Buy a 7sage package if you haven't already ;) )
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Get 7Sage and the Trainer and shoot for June and the fall as your backup. Take a week off to decompress and then get back in the game. Too much time off will lead to complacency and you want to maximize the benefit of postponing until June.
  • gantzerjgantzerj Alum Member
    56 karma
    I used the 7sage starter and the Trainer for the december test...Definitely going to re enroll and get my head back in the game...thanks guys!
  • jaredj229jaredj229 Alum Member
    110 karma
    I'm in the same boat. I felt super foggy throughout the first two sections on Saturday and I panicked. It wasn't until after the break that I was able to get it together. Barring a miracle, I'm delaying until June. I feel like February is just too quick of a turnaround to address whatever issues led me to underperform after six months of prep. I also don't want to apply at the very end of the cycle, and I figure with the extra time I'll likely be able to raise my score couple more points to give myself more of a cushion for next time. The last thing I wanted to do was delay law school for another year, since I'm an older student. But my priority number one is getting the best legal education I possibly can, which I won't be able to do if I limit options with a sub-par LSAT score. I'm also considering pursuing a master's with that extra year. I realize that's not an option for everyone due to time and financial considerations, but if it's something you're able to and interested in doing, it will increase the appeal of your application and your earnings potential when you finish law school. Between that and your improved LSAT score your application would be considerably stronger.
  • Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma
    Im doing the 7sage premium, probably going to upgrade to the ultimate. What is the Trainer you're talking about?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim
    903 karma
    Thanks.
    903 karma
    Im pushing the test back to June. I planned on taking it in June of 15, but life got in the way. When I take it for June I will have been studying for over a year and taken every single prep test available.
  • golmaryamgolmaryam Alum Member
    22 karma
    Does anyone know when the registration for June test start?
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    @gantzerj February or June?
    The answer is..yes
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @gantzerj said:
    Should I go in for the February test or push it back even further to the June one?
    June—why rush?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @golmaryam said:
    Does anyone know when the registration for June test start?
    Not listed on LSAC's site yet, but will be updated here once it is:
    http://7sage.com/lsat-dates-and-registration-deadlines-for-united-states-and-canada/
  • gantzerjgantzerj Alum Member
    56 karma
    @jaredj229 I don't think pursuing a masters degree would be an option for me... (I'm back home in India after doing my undergrad in the States.. so such decisions as an international student are a little more taxing and deliberate to make, but I am definitely hoping to figure out something worthwhile to do with my now additional year (which is so stressful in itself). I am quite bummed out by my performance because it's put such a damper on my plans but I definitely feel that getting into the right law school is imperative to long terms success so hopefully this is all for the best.