Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study schedule question

JwalterJwalter Member
in General 13 karma
Early on in my decision to take the LSAT, I took the June 2007 PT. I did this to see what the test was like and how I would score in a non-timed situation. Now I have started using 7Sage to prepare for the June 2016 LSAT. For one of the lessons this week, I am supposed to take the June 2007 PT, which I foolishly wasted early on in my preparation. My question is, should I take PT 34 in place of the June 2007 PT? Or should I skip the lesson entirely?

Thanks!

Comments

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    I don't think it was "foolishly wasted". If you're talking about the diagnostic available on lsac the same pt everyone has to take when you first start the course, i'd say take it again. Take it timed, then br it. It gives you an idea of your understanding of fundamentals. Retaking pt's is no big deal, it's not like you remember everything on the test. I cant remember stuff I did a few months ago. What you're really practicing when you retake a test is your method on how you approach every question passage and game.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I would take it again with the caveat that it won't count as your cold diagnostic since you have seen it before. Take it timed under strict conditions with a thorough clean copy BR. Definitely not a waste!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited December 2015 7965 karma
    @Jwalter said:
    My question is, should I take PT 34 in place of the June 2007 PT?
    Do not retake June 2007 and count it as anything resembling a diagnostic score. If I were you, I would take PT34 so that you at least have some baseline. Actually, I took PT52 as my diagnostic (the test that comes right after June 2007) and I would not be opposed to you taking that as a diagnostic since it is at least a modern test. 34 is very old.

I see nothing to gain in retaking J07 at this time. Retake it later on in your prep when you're actually PT'ing regularly.