Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question regarding syllabus & Study schedule

goin2fargoin2far Alum Member

Hi Everyone,

Currently, I'm completing the full 7Sage course. I am now on the logic "lawgic" portion of the lesson. When I look at my study schedule/syllabus, however, I see that practice tests are not on there until I have completed everything else. Is this correct? Should I add in some practice tests between some lessons or at least sections (LR, LG, RC)? I feel like I will lose everything I learned if I wait to actually apply it. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

practice tests are not on there until I have completed everything else. Is this correct?

Yes.

Should I add in some practice tests between some lessons or at least sections (LR, LG, RC)? I feel like I will lose everything I learned if I wait to actually apply it.

You can try, but it may be counterproductive. If you are tackling Lawgic now, you have only covered MSS and MP questions. If you try to cover other sections or LR types, then you might get confused and lose confidence or develop bad habits early on. Just focus on developing the right habits and getting your fundamentals down.

If you are that concerned about "losing everything," then you can revisit some of the problems you worked on previously until you get to the drilling part.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I would wait to PT until you finish the CC. You're absorbing a lot of information and it's best to just focus on that instead of stressing over Its and burning through them. Don't worry about losing what you've learned. These ideas take time to sink in and you can always revisit the CC later on.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I would suggest maybe do untimed sections or problem sets. So after you're done LR and are starting LG, you can visit or revisit problem sets or do untimed sections of LR so that you are applying what you've learned. That way you're getting experience of seeing all these different question types and difficulties together and developing good habits (and BR-ing of course). And you don't have to worry about wasting material because you can do these sections from PT1-35.

But definetly don't do PTs before finishing the curriculum, it's so counter-productive. Other test prep I've used would suggest routinely doing PT's but...if you've just barely started covering the fundamentals, it's so demoralizing and counterproductive to try to apply it all. A couple friends of mine took in-person course and they would just do a PT every weekend. While they're still learning. There's so much you haven't covered, doing PTs before you're ready would detract from releshing in the stuff you have learned. In fact, even after you finish the curriculum you shouldn't just do PT after PT.